As we all know, traveling for vacations to far away locations has been greatly hindered lately due to Covid. We’ve noticed a lot of people have reacted to this by planning ‘staycations’ instead. What is a STAYCATION? Wikipedia defines it like this: “A staycation, or holistay, is a period in which an individual or family stays home and participates in leisure activities within day trip distance of their home and does not require overnight accommodation”.
This can also apply to leisure activities on your own property. This has a couple of benefits. One is that you can avoid crowds all together and participate in activities in your own yard. Another benefit is to your real estate value. If you do what a lot of people have been doing and invest in great landscaping features that you can enjoy, you will be rewarded in multiple ways.
Why not consider having some fun features in your yard that will not only increase your real estate value, but allow you to enjoy vacation type activities right at home for years to come? Here’s a few landscaping features you can consider when planning your landscaping around the idea of STAYCATIONS.
• FIRE PIT: Create a 5-star experience in your backyard with a nice fire pit area. Include a patio seating area for extra comfort in the seating area. Perhaps a water feature nearby can add that special touch of elegance. The sound of the water will bring a relaxing ambiance to all.
• OUTDOOR KITCHENS: Part of the vacation experience is fine dining. An outdoor kitchen can make your dining very Memorable.Include countertops, stools, grill, refrigerator, sink among other options.
• BRICK OVEN: These types of outdoor ovens are the best!!! They look great and the food is amazing.
• BOCCE BALL COURT: Sports fans and anyone who loves physical activity will want to consider some sort of sports opportunity for their staycation.
• HORSE SHOE PITS: The ever-popular game of horseshoes is fun for all ages.
• OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING AREAS: Have your closest group of people be able to gather outdoors away from the crowds. An outdoor entertainment area will be used for many occasions. Make sure the patio is big enough to accommodate the size crowd you will usually expect.
• SWIMMING POOL: A swimming pool can be the basis fora great stay-at-home vacation. Incorporate a grotto, outdoor shower and entertainment areas and you’ve got a great start on vacationing at home.