If you’re looking for the perfect plant, consider ornamental grasses. Seriously, they have so much to offer!
Looking for a plant that offers more than one season of interest? Ornamental Grasses!
Looking for a plant that’s low maintenance? Ornamental Grasses!
Looking for a plant that’s Deer resistant? Ornamental Grasses!
Looking for a fast-growing plant? Ornamental Grasses!
Looking for an impressive display in the garden? Ornamental Grasses!
Has your interest been peaked? Read further...
Here is why I love Ornamental Grasses:
- New England winters are long, and ornamental grasses can add such beauty to the winter landscape. This is an often-overlooked landscape season, but grasses are a standout in the winter. They add warm hues, sway in the wind and have interesting and varied textures.
- They move with the wind which is one of their coolest features in my opinion.
- Low maintenance is a biggie and these gems only need to be cut back in the spring before any new growth. Easy!
- They grow super-fast and mature in about 3 years!
- They will generally grow in challenging areas quite nicely, such as areas with poor soil and slopes.
- The deer tend to leave ornamental grasses alone. This is a big deal if you have deer in your yard!
- There is very little in the way of disease or pest problems with ornamental grasses.
- The colors in fall can be amazing, especially when planted in mass and paired with other fall blooming plants.
- They look great in cut arrangements
- And not only all that, but some varieties even offer food and shelter for some birds.
- Ornamental Grasses are worth your consideration. Think of where you might be able to include some in your landscape design. There are quite a few varieties to choose from that grow in our climate that will have varying heights, colors and textures.